Monday, March 24, 2014

SCRAP happy: Beautiful.



Happy Monday everyone! Hope your weekend went well and that you all have made it back healthy and safe! :) As for myself, God & I had a very special bond on Saturday night and I am trying to work extra hard in getting to know Him better. And the more I read the bible, even if it's something I have read a billion times- the more I see how beautiful and loving my God is..

Back to the subject of scrapbooking- I have a layout to share with you today featuring my bff (my sister) & my youngest. I absolutely love this capture of them, because it reminds me of like a high end magazine photo and they are my models. :D
BEAUTIFUL

SUPPLIES: Patterned papers: Echo Park; Electronic cutting machine: Cricut Imagine with the Cricut cartridge: Teresa Collin's "Sophisticated"; Embellishments: Amy Tangerine; Rub-ons: Crate Paper; Mist: Mr. Huey (Studio Calico); Wood Veneers: Studio Calico; Others: dimensional adhesive, adhesive, sewing machine, and thread.

Because I thought this capture feels more on the elegant side- I wanted to enhance that by making all the colors soft and pretty it up with gold tones to enhance that sense of elegance and beauty. I didn't want to overload it with too much embellishments to where it's distracting, but instead- put in enough that it doesn't overtake the photo..

I'll try to share a little bit more about me, my life, and what inspires me the most.. I realize that a lot of my blog posts are not very intimate at all. At some point in my life- I shared way too much than needed and over a period time- I completely stopped, because I can't seem to draw the line with giving out too information and giving out too little. But I think I have been giving too little, so I will try to balance that aspect of my life, mostly when it comes to my love for my Father in heaven.. In hopes, that for those who don't know Him may come to know Him better through me..

I hope and pray that every day can be as beautiful as the next day, but I know even if I feel very happy right now- that storms will come again.. But I hope that when the storms comes- I will be able to fight it and still keep my relationship with God on a very intimate term.

Take care and God bless all of you, my crafty friends. I will try to make more of an effort to stop by and give out some love to all of you! I am definitely not good with that..

2 comments:

The Cropping Canuck said...

"Beautiful" layout! I love it.

Christina said...

Aw I am so flattered! Thanks for making me your layout :)