Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Homemade 3D Birthday Cake Card!

Hi everyone! So very excited to share two birthday cards that I have made! One being quite special- since it has a 3-dimensional "paper" birthday cake made raw from scratch!

What a better way to get those scrap of good paper to use rather than just throwing them away! All used from leftover scraps from all the other projects! Get those scrap to work!!!

3-Dimensional Birthday Cake made with love...


I created my card base. Cut out 2 larger circle and 2 slightly smaller circle. Cut out two thin strips of paper (both being the same size each). Using glue dots (it might be more easier to just use a glue gun..but whatever works for you, right?).. I glue dot one of the larger circle down, then wrapped a strip around the circle, holding it all together with glue dots and cutting off unnecessary pieces. Place another larger circle on top. Then I placed the smaller circle on top of that and repeated the same steps and topped it off with the other smaller circle. A cake wouldn't be complete unless it has some candles on it or at least a banner right?? So I stamped out the sentiment and hand cut my banner and attached it to pins. Then you just stick the cake.. Actually before you even place top smaller circle down- you do this first. It's just easier that way, so you wouldn't ruin your masterpiece. lol.

Take care everyone and God bless you all!

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Stephanie, these are super awesome!!!

Both are very pretty and so colorful!

Lezlye said...

WOW! Great Job!

Dayna Sabrina said...

Stephanie, these are fantastic! I love the bright colors and the execution is flawless, as always. I always love it when I get an email from you saying a new project had been posted. You are truly talented!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.com) said...

I have come to expect utterly gorgeous cards and layouts when I visit here, so your card was right on the money! But the cake was a fabulous UNEXPECTED bit of aweswomeness! You really do have a fantastic eye and perfect craft, Stephanie.

You need to be in a magazine.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - nice job tfs!!!

cdm317 said...

This is absolutely fantastic! I love the papers you used and the whole concept is amazing!
Colleen